October 9, 2009

1780 stays done!


The last stitch was taken and knotted at 6 pm yesterday evening. 


And here they are from the inside.


I thought I shaped the seam allowances so all the ends would have been tucked under the binding, like they are along the top edge, but clearly I wasn't as precise as I should have been. But I do like the converging stitch lines on the center panel. I'll lace it up an photograph it on this weekend. In the meantime, the statistics. 

2/3 yard - cotton Toile
2/3 yard - lightweight denim
2/3 yard - cotton batiste
3 1/2 spools - thread
32 - 3/16" grommets
15 2/3 yards - 2.5mm basket reed
10 2/3 yards - 1" bias trim
7 yards - 1/4" cotton satin ribbon

number of seams picked out - 6

10 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll have pictures of it on soon, then we'll really see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yet again, congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I finally have another (paying) sewing project to do, so my pattern-drafting is waiting a bit, but there's nothing like completion.
    Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Are there photos of these being worn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have them on right here. http://bridgesonthebody.blogspot.com/2009/10/1780-stays-properly-laced.html

      Delete
  5. Hi Jo! Where did you find the 2,5mm reed, Im trying to find it on the internet, but I cant, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you fi d that amazing pattern? Is there a website?

    ReplyDelete